Slim Band Surgery is a proven method of losing a large amount of body mass. Slim band surgery involves inserting a gastric band that will reduce the size of the stomach causing recipients of the surgery to ingest smaller amounts of the proper foods in the proper consistency. The gastric band is placed around the upper portion of patient’s stomach which divides it in two sections. The silicon band is a hollow ring, which will be filled with saline to increase or decrease the opening.
During the weight loss period following the surgery, patients will lose weight in a healthy and practical way. This allows the patient to not only lose the weight, but learn how to eat the proper foods in the proper portions. This method of weight loss is a proven method of maintaining permanent weight loss. It is one of most effective and reliable surgeries to help an obese person lose weight.
Before getting this surgery done a person will need to have some preparation. Here are some tips that can help in preparing for the surgery.
1. One of the most important things to do before the procedure is to learn as much as possible about the procedure . This can be done by talking to your doctor, people that have had the surgery and even on the Internet. This way a person can prepare for the possible side effects, what they should be doing in advance of the surgery, and even how long they can expect to be laid up after having the surgery done.
2. At times a person may learn that they are going to have to avoid certain items. Some of those could even be medication that they are taking, but a person should consult with a doctor to ensure they are stopping the proper things.
3. Smoking or drinking should be stopped a couple of weeks before the surgery. Doing that can decrease the amount of complications that you may end up facing during the surgery.
4. The procedure will not take long to complete and you will typically go home that same day. However, you need to have someone available to drive you home to ensure that you do not have any complications that were unforeseen.
5. Ensure that you have all the medications that you will need during the recovery period. The medicine should be close to you and that will help you in getting to them without straining yourself. You will also need to remember that you will not be able to engage in any strenuous work for 6 weeks, but after three weeks you may be able to start with your normal activities. Just make sure that you follow the doctor’s advice on this aspect to ensure success of the surgery.
6. Choose the clothing you will be wearing on the day of surgery and during the recovery period. Wear loose fitting clothing that is comfortable. You don’t want to pressure or aggravate the incision.
7. Follow your doctor’s orders about the foods you should be eating prior to surgery. Also, you can prepare physically. This can include: performing light exercises such as stretching or walking, get a hair cut, shave your legs, scale back portions of food you consume, practice relaxation techniques. Also make sure you get a complete physical that includes measuring blood pressure and heart rate.
Slim band surgery for many people could be the best way for them to lose weight. However, many people will want to know what they should be doing to prepare for this and following the above tips can prove helpful. With all procedures though a person needs to know that preparing properly can help guarantee the success of the procedure.
Author: Pete MalcolmThis author has published 23 articles so far. More info about the author is coming soon.